Terms of Service
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 21st, 2019
Please review these Notices & Terms CAREFULLY, as they may have changed since you last visited the Site.
By accessing or using the Site, you acknowledge that you have read these Notices & Terms and that you agree that these Notices & Terms will constitute the entire agreement between you and Tangible with respect to:
• your access and use of the Site and any of its features;
• any information or content, such as articles, blog posts, forms, templates, documents, or other materials (collectively, “Content”)
• any and all communications or submissions of information or materials made by you to Tangible through the Site or otherwise (unless you are expressly informed otherwise by us).
Notwithstanding the above, if you have entered into an attorney-client relationship with Tangible pursuant to an executed engagement letter, the terms of that engagement letter will govern in the event of a conflict with these Notices & Terms. You agree that your access and use of the Site, including the submission of information to us through the Site, does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Tangible.
Tangible may amend these Notices & Terms at any time in our sole discretion, with or without notice to you. The latest version of the Notices & Terms will always be posted on this page. When we amend these Notices & Terms, we will update the Effective Date at the top of this page. Any such amendments to these Notices & Terms will be effective as of the updated Effective Date. By accessing or using the Site on or after the updated Effective Date, you indicate to us that you accept and agree to the amended Notices & Terms.
YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SITE, ANY APPLICATIONS, AND THE SERVICES YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT.
1. Legal Notices.
1.1. No Legal Advice or Opinion. The Site and the Content (including without limitation Content discussing legal issues or developments in the law) are made available for general informational purposes only and are not intended to constitute legal advice or a legal opinion or in any way to substitute for specific advice from legal counsel. Because the applicability of any Content is heavily dependent on the specific facts and context, and because the law is constantly changing, Tangible does not guarantee or warrant that any Content is accurate or comprehensive. Tangible Inc. is under no obligation to keep the Content up-to-date. Please do not use the Content as the basis for any decision and you should not act or refrain from acting based on any Content without first consulting a qualified professional in the applicable law or subject matter. You agree that your use of the Site and the Content is entirely at your own risk.
1.2. No Attorney-Client Relationship. You agree that your access and use of the Site, including the submission of information to us through the Site, does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Tangible. Tangible enters into attorney-client relationships with its clients only pursuant to certain policies and procedures unrelated to the Site, including the execution of an engagement letter, a screen for conflicts of interest, and other Tangible policies or rules of the Bar Associations in the states in which we maintain offices. If you wish to inquire about Tangible’s legal services and how you might become a client of Tangible, please contact us at email@example.com
1.3. No Confidentiality. Unless you are an existing client of Tangible, you agree that any communications you initiate with Tangible (including without limitation any attorneys or employees affiliated with Tangible) through the Site (or otherwise, such as through email, telephone, voicemail, text message, direct message, or any other communication) will not be treated as confidential unless explicitly and specifically indicated otherwise. Unless you are an existing client of Tangible, you should not communicate any information that is confidential, proprietary, or otherwise sensitive, and Tangible makes no guarantees or warranties with respect to the security, confidentiality, use, disclosure, or return of any information we receive.
1.4. No Advertising or Solicitation. The Site is not intended to be an advertisement or solicitation.
1.5. No Guaranteed Outcomes. The Content may contain descriptions of prior matters or testimonials from current or former clients. Any descriptions or testimonials on the Site are not intended to, and do not, guarantee future successful outcomes, and do not imply Tangible’s continued or current representation of any clients identified.
1.6. Authorized Jurisdictions. Tangible attorneys are not authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction for which they have not gained admission or for which the rules of the Bar Associations in the states in which we maintain offices do not provide applicable exceptions for attorneys pending admission.
3.1 This Site is owned and operated by Tangible. All right, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site and Content are owned either by Tangible or by our respective third-party authors, developers or vendors ("Third Party Providers"). Nothing on this Site shall be construed to confer any license except for the Limited License set forth herein. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Tangible.
3.2 Limited License. Subject to these Notice & Terms, Tangible, grants you a limited, nonexclusive, revocable, personal license to access and use the Site and to view, reproduce and distribute the Content solely for noncommercial and informational purposes, only in unmodified form, and only with attribution to Tangible and without removing or obscuring any attributive, copyright, or permission notices provided on or contained within the Content. Tangible reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or delete any Content for any reason or no reason. Though you may link to any publicly available page on the Site and share the Content pursuant to this limited license, you agree to immediately remove any link or take down any shared Content upon request from Tangible.
4. Prohibited Uses. As a condition of accessing and using the Site, you agree not to use the Site or any Content for any purpose that is prohibited by these Notices & Terms, and further agree not to use the Site in any manner that (a) violates any applicable law, rule, regulation, contract to which you are bound, or government or judicial order; (b) infringes the intellectual property or privacy rights of Tangible or others; (c) constitutes the unauthorized transmission of unsolicited commercial electronic mail; (d) involves the transmission of defamatory or libelous materials; (e) violates, attempts to violate, or knowingly facilitates the violation of the system security of the Site, or otherwise interferes with or attempts to interfere with the normal operations of the Site; (f) involves software viruses or any other malicious computer codes, files, or programs; (g) impersonates any person or entity, including anyone affiliated with Tangible; (h) constitutes fraud; (i) bypasses, circumvents or attempts to bypass or circumvent any measures used by to prevent or restrict access to the Site (including without limitation by use of passwords associated with accounts that do not belong to you, whether or not authorized by the applicable accountholder); (j) harvests or scrapes any information from the Site; or (k) otherwise violates these Notices & Terms. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with your access and use of the Site.
6. Unauthorized or Accidental Access of Information. In the event you gain access to any information not intended to be accessed by you, you agree that you will immediately notify Tangible at firstname.lastname@example.org and lawfully destroy all copies of such information in your possession.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Site and the Content are provided “as is.” To the maximum extent permitted by law and the applicable rules of professional responsibility of the Bar Associations in the states in which Tangible has offices, Tangible disclaims all warranties (express, implied, statutory and otherwise), including any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, timeliness of information, non-infringement, and uninterrupted or error free operation. Tangible makes no warranty that: (a) the Site or Content will meet your requirements; (b) the Site or Content will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free basis; or (c) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site or Content offered through the Site will be accurate or reliable. Tangible shall have no responsibility for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any Content, materials or information. Your access to and use of the Site and Content is at your own risk.
8. Limitation of Liability. To the maximum extent permitted by law and the applicable rules of the Bar Associations in the states in which Tangible has offices, in no event will Tangible or its agents, partners, employees, vendors, or licensors be liable for any consequential, special, exemplary, or punitive damages (including without limitation damages for loss of data, revenue, or profits), foreseeable or not, arising out of your access or use of the Site or the Content, based on any claim whatsoever, and even if advised that such damages were possible. The maximum, aggregate liability of Tangible to you arising out of or related to the Site or the Content will not exceed $1,000.00, which amount will be in lieu of all other remedies which you may have against Tangible and the aforementioned persons. The above limitations may not apply to you to the extent prohibited by law or under the applicable rules of professional responsibility of the Bar Associations in the states in which Tangible has offices.
9. Miscellaneous. You agree that any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Site, the Content, or these Notices & Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Oregon without regard to conflict of laws principles, and that you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in Multnomah County, Oregon. The failure of Tangible or you to exercise any right provided for herein will not be deemed a waiver of that or any further rights hereunder. Tangible reserves the right to update these Notices & Terms at any time in a manner consistent with the rules of the Bar Associations in the states in which Tangible has offices by posting the updated Notices & Terms on this page.
10. YOUR CONTINUED ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF THE UPDATED NOTICES & TERMS WILL INDICATE TO US THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREED TO THE UPDATED NOTICES & TERMS.